- First piece created in 2009.
- Sculpted from a block of Italian Alabaster.
- Finished piece weighs 40 lbs.
- Title definition means 'Tranquility'.
- It measures 18"H x 14"W x 10"L.
- Created with a specific exhibition in mind.
The curators, Warren Arnold and Clark Mitchel, stressed that they wanted 3 pieces per artist that they feel really defined their body of work. I exhibited this mobius, a superellipsoid piece of Utah Calcite and a curvilinear piece of Bardiglio Marble. The show was a great success. The mobius piece was scheduled to be part of the installation I just set up today called "Chiselers" at the Plaza Arts Center in Healdsburg, CA but the piece just sold. The "Chiselers" exhibit does include 13 of my pieces including the new Mexican Fluorite piece titled "Koan". Join me for the reception on Friday, February 27 at 130 Plaza Street in Healdsburg between 5-7pm. www.plazaartscenter.org You can see more of my work at tbarny.com.