WWW.TBARNY.COM Website displays the most current sculptures available.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sander







T BARNY SCULPTURE NEWS

I'm proud to present the newest addition to our family, Diamond P. Lysander Stone. He's 14 weeks old and we call him "Sander" for short. Not a whole lotta sleep for the first few nights but we're getting better. He's already taken to the vineyard walks in the morning. He will join our other black lab, Rachel, as another great studio dog. And, it's all good out in the studio today. I had the Santa Rosa Symphony group here today for their tour. They asked a lot of great questions like how to hold the blocks of stone down. I use sandbags to anchor it in place or I strap the block to the table. Old blue jeans work best to use as straps. They all tried my demo set-up using my hand tools - hammer and chisel. They were amazed how hard it is and said that what I do just looks impossible.




No comments: