WWW.TBARNY.COM Website displays the most current sculptures available.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Juror to Auctioneer














T BARNY SCULPTURE NEWS
I love the ocean! My trip to Cambria this past weekend was exciting. I was asked to be the "honored juror" for the 8th Annual Stone Symposium. Lot's of great work to view and judge. It actually was a bit of a challenge to decide where the awards should be placed. I'm happy to report that all of my chosen award winners pieces sold at the show. They even had numerous people interested in the same piece so it was decided to auction it off and I became the auctioneer. The piece pulled in $5000 which in part goes to help the Symposium. I visited with the students, the instructors and the vendors who were selling tools and stone. I'm now back in my studio with new inspiration and, of course, new stone.

No comments: