WWW.TBARNY.COM Website displays the most current sculptures available.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Artist Date














T BARNY SCULPTURE NEWS

Fill the well, stock the pond. Input. Input. Input. I recently picked up Julia Cameron's book again called The Artist's Way. She describes "An Artist Date" as a block of time especially set aside and committed to nurturing your creative consciousness, your inner artist. It can be an excursion that brings you awareness, inspiration and a new perspective. Piet Mondrian was quoted in Julia's book saying, "The position of the artist is humble. He is essentially a channel."
I've been currently working on two series at the same time. At this point, I've created - oh, I guess about a baker's dozen of stone musical instruments. At the same time I've been building my inventory for my Santa Fe show in September. There will be a new Italian Alabaster Mobius for the show, as well as, many new curvilinear classics. This switching back and forth between two major focuses is exciting and I feel this need to constantly move forward. But I realize it is also important to take a step back to gain further perspective.

No comments: