WWW.TBARNY.COM Website displays the most current sculptures available.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

How An Artist Schedules The Year Ahead

T BARNY SCULPTURE NEWS
2010 - A New Year - A New Decade. Timing is key. As you know I just returned from my first solo show of the year at the DISTRICT Gallery, Park City, Utah. Last year I participated in 16 different exhibitions. I've had more than 300 shows in the past 30 years!
So you might ask, as an artist, how do I plan my year? First, I start with my galleries. We have a mutual loyalty that warrants the same season each year. It creates a rhythm to set annual receptions with their collector base and tourist seasons. Here at the T Barny Gallery & Sculpture Gardens we plan 2 big studio events each year. June is a private Collector's Event and October is two weekends of "Open to the Public" Studio Tours known as Sonoma County ARTrails. I then prioritize what else is important for the year. For example, it is a 35th Alumni Reunion Year for me. Choate, located in Connecticut, will be hosting an exhibition of my work honoring the fact that it is my 30th year as a professional sculptor. I also need to schedule in being the honored juror at the California Sculptors Symposium and open my studio for various private group tours. The year fills up quickly as I'm continually entering applications for themed group shows, public sculpture opportunities and worldwide residencies. Keep your art career focused and the timing of your schedule can take you where you want to go.





No comments: