WWW.TBARNY.COM Website displays the most current sculptures available.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Musical Inspiration

T BARNY
SCULPTURE
NEWS
As some of you may have read in a previous post, my themed Collector's Event this year is called Rock & Roll. I am carving musical instruments out of stone. Some clients have asked where do I get my inspiration. With this show, it comes easy as I listen to Rock & Roll everyday in my studio. It has a beat; a cadence that helps with the motion of the tools and the dance of the stone. The challenge so far has been to discover which stones ring to make musical sounds. I've talked to recording studio owners about instruments. I've been rock hunting in stone yards with drumsticks in hand. I've met with musician friends bouncing ideas off of them finding that one great idea leads to another. I'm excited that the show will lend itself to a totally interactive experience. I've always stressed to the viewer of my work to touch the stone and feel my designs. Now they also have the chance to play these instruments and hear my sculpture sing. STONES CAN SING!

No comments: