WWW.TBARNY.COM Website displays the most current sculptures available.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

How Does He Do That?

T BARNY
SCULPTURE
NEWS
"How does he do that?" I've been working on a new statement that defines what drives me to create my signature design, the mobius. My designs are reminiscent of Celtic Knots and The Mobius Strip but mine have volume, twists and turns and usually more than one edge. The definition for Celtic Knots: a variety of, mostly endless, knots and stylized graphical representations of knots used for decoration, adopted by the ancient Celts. The Mobius Strip: a continuous loop with one surface and one edge formed by twisting the end of a long, thin rectangular strip 180 degrees and attaching the ends. My "T Barny Mobius Sculpture" is a marriage of these two ideas: design and continuity.
My forty year fascination with the simple mobius strip was introduced to me in the third grade. It continues to inspire me to create complex continuous forms from stone. It is my intent to express a statement of oneness. We are all connected to each other, to the earth and to the universe around us.

No comments: