WWW.TBARNY.COM Website displays the most current sculptures available.

Monday, July 30, 2012

#19 of 30 Countdown to 8-18-2012

A Mobius Strip Diagram
Many collector's comment on the intersection between my sculpture and science. I have always been fascinated with geology, physics, and of course, biology (just kidding there!). I drive my wife crazy watching every television special on rocks or space. I feel such a strong bond with the origins of the stone that I carve and the shapes that I create. I find inspirations in the patterns of nature. Instead of using them to create man made shapes, I work to capture the authentic natural form itself. I discovered the Mobius Strip and the geometric formula it derives from one sunny morning when I was in the 3rd Grade. I remember it so clearly. I was awed that the shape in nature inspired a mathematician by the name of Mobius to attempt to capture the formula which creates the shape. Stone is the oldest material. I honor that by creating the marvelous shapes that nature provides us. 

No comments: