WWW.TBARNY.COM Website displays the most current sculptures available.

Saturday, July 28, 2012

#21 of 30 Countdown to 8-18-2012


Making a Trefoil  I love making the trefoil sculptures. But, they require every ounce of my creativity, skill and concentration!!! The moment when I carve out the final struts holding the trefoil in place is breathtaking. Suddenly this sculpture that I have given birth to is almost floating in space. I always feel as if I have created something truly unique and magical. If I am feeling up to it, I usually make one trefoil a year. Typically these pieces are only available by commission and they require a 14-16 month advance notice to fit in around my shows. When the theme for this year's show came up, I really wanted to make several trefoils. But, I had to consider the impact on me physically. Making these pieces for "The Year Of The Mobius" is a true challenge. Sometimes I wonder how many more I have left in me to make!!!

No comments: